Adding More Traditional Website Features to My Blogger Site
- My logo - now on the main page in the column.
- Contact forum - I added to the column using a widget, but I wanted it on its own page. So I copied the code, and placed it on its own page, which I called Contact,
- About me page - easy to add, I just need to add more bio information about me.
- Footer text - another easy to add the feature. I was also able to add a referral link to Shutterstock in that area.
- Menu - I wanted to add the feature, and sure enough, there is a widget for that.
Adding these extras is beginning to make this site feel like a regular hosted website. I am surprised how easy it has been to implement these little features.
So far, I am happy with the Blogger platform and have not found a reason yet to abandon it as my www.georgesheldon.com website.